In this article you will see possible ways for post-purchase retargeting campaigns. The Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) and thus profitability can be many times higher. Higher than with retargeting campaigns that target not-yet-buyers.
What the whole thing could look like:
1) A thank you advertisement (with no intention to sell) after the purchase.
Post-purchase ad, where the brand (preferably the owner or person of attraction) sincerely thanks the customer for the purchase and asks if there’s anything they can do to improve the experience. This provides valuable feedback and creates a relationship outside of the sales environment. In addition – and yes, this is surprising – as a side effect, you often receive an above-average ROAS organically.
2) Appreciation advertising: Thank customers in an advertisement and show them that you appreciate them. You can offer an extra discount code for this. Likewise, special rewards, free products, etc.
3) Cross Selling: “If you liked this pair of pants, you will like the whole range of matching tops!”. Customers who have already bought similar products and are satisfied with them, have no reason not to look at similar and complementary products. Use this and add for example Free Shipping from a minimum order quantity!
4) Value Ladder Up Selling: Offer customers higher quality products and higher priced packages to sell them more expensive offers. This is the only way to acclimatize customers to VIP’s, leaving a lot of money in your store.
5) Lifetime Value Optimization: It is important to know how much a customer brings to the eCommerce business. Therefore, you can track the Lifetime Value of your customers and optimize and personalize your advertising accordingly. Our intention is to know exactly how much we must spend to grow profitably.With higher budgets and therefore more data points (from about 75’000 – 100’000USD per month) you can work with very specific attribution modelling: here we analyze how much individual advertising channels actually contribute to success and ROAS. For example, the interaction of Facebook Ads with Google Ads is evaluated, and advertising budgets are allocated according to the effectiveness of Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network campaigns.
These strategies initiate a cycle in which your target audiences are optimized for real value to your brand. As a result, you can find the most valuable audience segments on Facebook, Instagram & Co. and buy the most valuable advertising space with a higher ROAS.This leads to maximum scalability.
These methods have one thing in common: They perceive the customer as an individual. The customer should feel valued and well looked after. Even if he consumes advertising, it should not be present in his thoughts. He should not have the feeling that he is losing control and that something is being sold to him. Advertising must be consumed voluntarily. To merge advertising and content (Native Advertising) is a good solution to not let the “advertising blocker” turn on in the mind of customers. We also like to call it Consent Marketing.